Illustration from Fashion Institute of Technology SUNY curriculum includes projects modeled on real-world scenarios and helps you develop the skills you need to present a project to a client or art director.
Graduates with Illustration from Fashion Institute of Technology SUNY will:
- demonstrate a personal illustration style and technique that uses both traditional and digital skills and incorporates acquired knowledge, experience, judgment, and unique aesthetic vision;
- expand a visual vocabulary into personal visual expression and communication applications;
- think critically, solve problems creatively, and produce portfolios of industry-oriented artwork;
- fuse advanced illustration art, technology, entrepreneurial, and oral presentation skills in preparation for industry;
- employ computer technology as a means of personal expression, as well as professional research and promotional applications, including the development of illustrators’ websites;
- demonstrate professionalism and creative habits and discipline as means of self- improvement and commercial success; and
- incorporate knowledge of art and illustration history, world history, social sciences, and other liberal arts subjects in producing effective illustrations.
- Digital Illustration Techniques
- Traditional Painting Media: Methods and Materials
- The Illustrator's Heritage
- Book Illustration
- Visual Storytelling for Evolving Media
- 2D Computer Animation
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Visual Arts Art History View 1141 other Bachelors in Art History in United States
- File the SUNY Application Online
- Admissions Essay
- School Transcripts
- English Proficiency
- U.S. equivalency of your credential(s)
- Cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) strong B average
- An English translation for all documents, where applicable
International15870 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7935 USD per semester during 48 months.
National15870 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7935 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State5290 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2645 USD per semester during 48 months.
- State Res..: $3585 per sem
- Out-of-state: $10,846 per sem
- AAS - Res.: $220, OOS: $661 per cred
- Bachelor: Res.: $299, OOS: $904 per cred
Living costs for Manhattan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.