At Art History and Museum Professions from Fashion Institute of Technology SUNY you will take courses in art history and in business law. In your senior seminar you will get the chance to study an entire exhibition in all its facets, from original concept to implementation to analyzing the response.
Graduates with Art History and Museum Professions from Fashion Institute of Technology SUNY will:
- demonstrate proficiency in art historical research and writing, employing the major methodologies of art historical scholarship, and the ability to apply these skills to a range of projects fundamental to art institutions;
- articulate the history, theory, and cultural roles of museums and collecting from an international perspective;
- demonstrate familiarity with the organization and operation of art institutions, including exhibition planning, collections management, communications, education, community outreach, and development; and
- analyze the actions of art institutions in relation to the expectations, needs and desires of the various communities they serve.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- History of Western Art and Civilization: Ancient Prehistory Through the Middle Ages
- History of Western Art and Civilization: Renaissance to the Modern Era
- History and Meaning of Museum
- Traditional Techniques in the Fine Arts
- Art and Museum Law
- Museum Professions and Administration
- Contemporary Art and Culture: 1945 to the Present
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Art History Museum Studies View 1065 other Bachelors in Art History in United States
- File the SUNY Application Online
- Admissions Essay
- School Transcripts
- English Proficiency
- U.S. equivalency of your credential(s)
- Cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) strong B average
- An English translation for all documents, where applicable
International15870 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7935 USD per semester during 48 months.
National15870 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7935 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State5290 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2645 USD per semester during 48 months.
- State Residents.: $3585 per semester
- Out-of-state residents: $10,846 per semester
Living costs for Manhattan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.