Footwear and Accessories Design from Fashion Institute of Technology SUNY curriculum includes a required internship and a senior project that concentrates on research, design and production, and oral presentation skills.
The Associate in Applied Science (AAS) curriculum focuses on developing your drawing and patternmaking skills and accessories design and production techniques. You'll also learn the business of accessories design.
Graduates with Footwear and Accessories Design from Fashion Institute of Technology SUNY will be able to:
- research, analyze, and creatively illustrate the historical relevance of fashion evolution, innovation, and trends;
- design and create accessories that address a need in the current market using learned assembly techniques, inventive materials, and trend research;
- develop an accessories business plan and deliver a coherent, articulate oral presentation;
- identify technology and apply, either digitally or manually, to the creation of fashion, theatrical, and athletic accessories; and
- prepare, organize, and present a professional-level portfolio for internship and employment opportunities.
- Theatrical and Character Footwear
- Zippered Handbags Desen
- Accessones that have Changed Fashion
- CAD Modeling for Designers
- History of Western Costume
- 3D Digital Object Design
- Sports-Specific Bags and Carrying Gear
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
92-125 if you choose the 2 year AAS option
DisciplinesDesign Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods Fashion Design View 177 other Bachelors in Fashion Design in United States
- File the SUNY Application Online
- Admissions Essay
- School Transcripts
- English Proficiency
- U.S. equivalency of your credential(s)
- Cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) strong B average
- An English translation for all documents, where applicable
International15870 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7935 USD per semester during 36 months.
National15870 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7935 USD per semester during 36 months.
In-State5290 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2645 USD per semester during 36 months.
- In-state: $3,585 per semester
- Out-of-state: $10,846 per semester
Living costs for Manhattan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.