The International Politics and Military Affairs program at The Citadel - The Military College of South Carolina states that the recent financial market crisis demonstrates that the economy is, indeed, global. Whether there is a famine in Africa, a flu outbreak in Latin America, or a change in world trade policy, nearly anyone, anywhere can be affected. Students of International Politics attempt to understand the implications of global events and how and why they happen.
Arising out of the wreckage of World War I, this field naturally focuses on how and why wars occur and how they might be prevented. It examines foreign policy, intelligence, diplomacy, the avoidance of war and the management of conflict. However, it also delves into greater issues concerning the nature and structure of the international system, power and justice, rights and duties as well as the issues of our time: nationalism, ethnic conflict, terrorism, environmental degradation, and poverty.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Introduction to Political Science
- International Politics
- International Political Economy
- American Foreign Relations
- American Political Thought
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesMilitary Science International Relations Political Science View 1098 other Masters in Political Science in United States
- Online Application
- Completed a degree equivalent to an American baccalaureate degree.
- Have academic credentials officially evaluated by a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) and sent directly from that organization to The Citadel Graduate College office.
- Meet all the admission criteria for the desired graduate degree program.
- Submit an official TOEFL score if native language is not English. The minimum acceptable score is 550 paper-based, 213 computer-based, or 79 internet-based applicants may be exempt from the TOEFL requirement if the applicant has a minimum of 2 years of course study, with a 3.0 or higher GPA, from an institution where English is the native language.
International53656 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 53656 USD per year during 48 months.
National53656 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 53656 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State30400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30400 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Charleston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.