This broad content exposure occurs through the development of analytical skills and theory in the classroom and experience working with engines, complete energy systems, compressors, fans, pumps, controls, instrumentation, engineering graphics, and material testing.
Program Student Learning Outcomes (PSLOs) - AAS Degree
- By taking the Mechanical Engineering Technology program graduate from Alfred State College SUNY College of Technology you will gain an ability to apply the knowledge, techniques, skills, and modern tools of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to solve well-defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline.
- An ability to design solutions for well-defined technical problems and assist with the engineering design of systems, components, or processes appropriate to the discipline;
- An ability to apply written, oral, and graphical communication in well-defined technical and non-technical environments; and an ability to identify and use appropriate technical literature;
- An ability to conduct standard tests and measurements, and experiments and to analyze ands interpret the results; and
- An ability to function effectively as a member of a technical team.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Materials Science
- Manufacturing Processes
- Solid Modeling
- Control System Fundamentals
- College Trigonometry
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 1894 other Bachelors in General Engineering & Technology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must possess a recognized high school diploma or its equivalent (please note that distance learning degrees/diplomas do not satisfy this requirement for New York State residents). Verification must be supplied to the Admissions Office. A score of 2700 or better on the TASC exam or a 2500 on the GED exam is needed for consideration.
- Applications are evaluated individually using a "holistic review" to make the best decision for both the applicant and the college. A variety of factors are considered (e.g., individual program requirements, standardized test scores, letters of recommendation, strength of academic program, and extracurricular activities).
- To be considered for admission into programs taught on the Alfred campus, the recommended overall high school average is a 75. For programs taught in the School of Applied Technology (Wellsville campus), the recommended overall average is a 72.
International16980 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16980 USD per year during 48 months.
National16980 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16980 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State7070 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7070 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.