In addition to hands-on experiences, you’ll dissect the power that media has to shape the way we live. You’ll analyze theories of specific media and focus your studies in advertising, production, writing, or management. The interdisciplinary approach to education of the Media and Communication Studies program of Johnson & Wales University allows you to view the world through a variety of perspectives. And you’ll have an opportunity to get involved in our media clubs, such as the campus newspaper (the Campus Herald), the student radio station (JWU Live), the music & entertainment industry club (MEISA), and the JWU Film Production Club.
Some professions may require additional study, background checks, certifications, licenses, exams and/or experience as required qualifications for employment. Students are responsible for verifying that they can meet the employment requirements of potential employers.
- Art Directors
- Broadcast News Analysts
- Communications Teachers, postsecondary
- Film and Video Editors and Camera Operators
- Graphic Designers
- Market Research Analysts
- Marketing Managers
- Media and Communication Workers
- Producers and Directors
- Reporters and correspondents
- Writers and Authors
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Critical Perspectives on New Media
- American Film
- Television Studies
- Radio, Records and Popular Music
- Foundations of Digital Photography
- Digital Journalism
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- Early admission: November 1
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences Media Studies & Mass Media View 1060 other Masters in Communication Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Proof of English proficiency if applicable
- Completed and signed International Student Financial Declaration Form for undergraduate and graduate programs
- Certified bank statement or government sponsorship letter verifying financial support for one academic year
- Copy of biographical section of your valid passport
- Submit Admissions Forms
- Non-U.S. students transferring to JWU from another U.S. post-secondary institution must submit a Transfer Verification Form
International34376 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34376 USD per year during 48 months.
National34376 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34376 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Providence
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.