Archaeologists examine, recover, and preserve evidence and artifacts from past human cultures. They connect artifacts with information about historic environments to learn about the experiences, customs, and living habits of people in earlier civilizations. Archaeologists often specialize in a particular geographic area, time period, or subject matter, such as animal remains or underwater sites. Many people with a Ph.D. in archaeology become professors or museum curators.
Many archeologists work full time during regular business hours. When doing fieldwork, however, archeologists may be required to travel and to work many and irregular hours, including evenings and weekends.
The median annual wage for anthropologists and archeologists was $62,280 in May 2017. The median wage is the wage at which half the workers in an occupation earned more than that amount and half earned less. The lowest 10 percent earned less than $36,390, and the highest 10 percent earned more than $99,580.
Student Learning Outcomes
- To gain an understanding of archaeological methods and best practices.
- To develop critical thinking skills by which to evaluate archaeological claims or popular interpretations.
- The Archaeology program from La Sierra University helps you to understand how text and archaeology intersect and what archaeology can and cannot do in the academic arena.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Cultural Anthropology
- Great Discoveries in Archaeology
- Old Testament Archaeology
- New Testament Archaeology
- Mediterranean World of Antiquity
- Mesopotamian Archaeology and History
- Archaeology Method and Theory
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesArchaeology History Ancient History View 1585 other Masters in History in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- High school transcripts
- College or University Transcripts
- ACT or SAT Scores for these tests are required if you are graduating from a High School in the US
- GRE/ GMAT
- Recommendation Forms
- Department Interview/ Audition
- Valid Passport Copy
International33228 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33228 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National33228 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33228 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.