School districts throughout the state specifically seek out SUU graduates for employment because they are known to be well-trained and possess excellent and extensive experience working in the classroom with students prior to graduation. In fact, no other program in Utah requires more classroom experience than the Southern Utah University Elementary Education program. Virtually every class elementary education majors take requires a practicum experience.
The goals of the department are to develop teachers/educators who:
- Are academically competent in subjects they are to teach
- Have a broad background of general education and appreciate the value of both liberal arts and science in modern society
- Have a working knowledge of the historical and philosophical foundations of education
- Have a sincere belief in the dignity of the individual and have compassion and empathy
- Have a working knowledge of effective classroom management and the skills of teaching
- Realize that teaching is both an art and a science
- Realize that America is a culturally diverse society and have a commitment to multiculturalism and pluralism
- Provide students with action based, experience rich learning opportunities
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Early Childhood Education
- Elementary Literacy Instruction
- Educational Psychology
- Schools, Society, and Diversity
- Human Development through the Lifespan
- Fostering Family, School, and Community Partnerships
- Educating Exceptional Students
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Teaching Early Childhood Education View 733 other Bachelors in Early Childhood Education in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Application - pay required $60 application fee (U.S. currency only), $35 for returning students
- English Proficiency - Proof of English proficiency is required for all applicants whose first language is not English
- Transcripts - Official transcripts (record of courses taken and grades received) from each high school, college, and university attended must be submitted
- Passport - Please provide a copy of the photo page of your passport
- Finances - International students are required to demonstrate that funds are available for the first year of study
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20822 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20822 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Cedar City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.