The BA in Writing program from Rutgers University draws on full-time instructors, part-time lecturers, and teaching assistants from disciplines across the Arts and Sciences to staff more than 900 writing courses a year. We also provide tutoring, free of charge, in our Writing Centers located on the College Avenue Campus, Livingston Campus, and Douglass Campus.
To assist students in developing the critical thinking and writing skills most highly valued in the university, the Writing Program has developed a curriculum centered on student writing. Our courses presuppose that the context for writing is always prior reading, and in this spirit, students spend time reading, discussing, and writing about texts that deal with some of the most important issues of our time: globalization, the rise of the "knowledge society," biotechnology, environmental decline, the encounter between different regions and cultures, the changing nature of identity, and the search for enduring values beyond the prospect of seemingly random change.
What We Are
The Writing Centers provided free tutoring for full time Rutgers University students enrolled in Writing Program and other writing intensive classes. Tutoring sessions are scheduled for one eighty-minute class period per week for at least five weeks, and are available free of charge to all full time Rutgers University students. Students are tutored in the full range of expository writing, from basic composition to the advanced research, business, and scientific writing courses. The Writing Centers offer morning, afternoon, and evening sessions to ensure access for University College and other working students.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Composition Skills
- Basic Composition
- Expository Writing
- Research in the Disciplines
- Technical Writing Essentials
- Business Writing Essentials
- College Writing and Research
- Scientific and Technical Writing
- Writing for Business and Professions
- Writing for Biology
- Grant Writing
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesCreative Writing View 407 other Masters in Creative Writing in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online Application for Undergraduate Admission
- Nonrefundable $70 application fee, payable online by credit card
- Final official high school transcript showing all courses with final grades in grades 9-12:Transcripts must show a date of graduation; or
- GED or equivalency diploma holders must submit test results or equivalent as well as transcripts from any high school attended
- College transcripts if you took any college courses at a two- or four-year college
- SAT or ACT scores (with writing) only if you graduated from high school less than two years ago and will not have at least 12 college credits completed by the application due date
International29012 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14506 USD per semester during 48 months.
National29012 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14506 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State12230 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6115 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Camden
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.