Why IT Major
In today's society, information and information technology are ubiquitous and influence all forms of human activity.
- The nation needs technology leaders and professionals who have both technology and business background
- IT sector job market is now on the rise and the demand for IT professionals is increasing
- IT jobs can not be outsourced
- Lack of appropriate curriculum to produce IT managers, Network administrators, Security professionals, etc.
Objectives of IT Major
The Information Technology program of Tuskegee University is about modern information technology, it helps:
- Increase the pool of minorities in the area of information technology
- Create a new brand of professionals such as system/network administrators, and security professionals.
- Create bridge between business and computer science
Areas of Specialization
Students pursuing the BS in Information Technology may focus on one of the following IT Concentration areas:
- Web Applications/Design
- Network Administration/Security
- Information Assurance
- System Administration
- Supply Chain Management
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Computer Science
- Computer Organization
- Application Development Tools
- Data Structures
- Web Design
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Computer Sciences Software Engineering View 794 other Bachelors in Software Engineering in United States
- Submit your Admissions Application
- Submit your $35 non-refundable application fee
- Submit your official high school, college, and/or university transcripts to World Education Services (WES) or Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE) for evaluation; a course-by-coures and grade point average evaluation is required. Students are required to pay the processing fees to WES or ECE. Evaluated transcripts should be mailed directly to Tuskegee University from WES or ECE.
- If applicable, submit your official transcript(s) from all U.S. colleges and/or universities attended.
- Submit your official test scores from the IELTS or TOEFL
- Submit a Financial Affidavit of support and supporting bank letter.
- Submit your SAT 1 or ACT test scores
- If applicable, submit results of an English as a Second Language (ESOL) Program from all U.S. Colleges or Universities attended.
International19594 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9797 USD per semester during 48 months.
National19594 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9797 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Tuskegee
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.