The course offerings are supported by state of the art facilities. Currently, several computer labs including a multimedia lab, high performance computing lab, software engineering lab, information security lab, and special project lab, provide students with opportunities to use these systems for various courses, projects, and research. Each of the labs consists of thirty-five high performance computers which provide simultaneous access to both Windows and Linux environments. The special projects lab and High Performance Computing Lab are equipped with additional hardware such as, network routers and firewalls, forensics computers, and a cluster of computers with a VLAN, are used for research activities.
The curriculum in majors offered in the Computer Science program of Tuskegee University is designed develop the following skills:
- An ability to apply knowledge of computing and mathematics appropriate to the discipline;
- An ability to analyze a problem, and identify and define the computing requirements appropriate to its solution;
- An ability to design, implement and evaluate a computer-based system, process, component, or program to meet desired needs;
- An ability to function effectively on teams to accomplish a common goal;
- An understanding of professional, ethical, legal, security, and social issues and responsibilities;
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences;
- An ability to analyze the local and global impact of computing on individuals, organizations and society;
- Recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in, continuing professional development;
- An ability to use current techniques, skills, and tools necessary for computing practices.
- An ability to apply mathematical foundations, algorithmic principles, and computer science theory in the modeling and design of computer-based systems in a way that demonstrates comprehension of the tradeoffs involved in design choices;
- An ability to apply design and development principles in the construction of software systems of varying complexity.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Computer Organization
- Data Structures
- Discrete Math Structures
- Applied Statistics and Statistical Computing
- Computer Networks
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Computer Sciences Software Engineering View 666 other Bachelors in Informatics & Information Sciences in United States
- Submit your Admissions Application
- Submit your $35 non-refundable application fee
- Submit your official high school, college, and/or university transcripts to World Education Services (WES) or Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE) for evaluation; a course-by-coures and grade point average evaluation is required. Students are required to pay the processing fees to WES or ECE. Evaluated transcripts should be mailed directly to Tuskegee University from WES or ECE.
- If applicable, submit your official transcript(s) from all U.S. colleges and/or universities attended.
- Submit your official test scores from the IELTS or TOEFL
- Submit a Financial Affidavit of support and supporting bank letter.
- Submit your SAT 1 or ACT test scores
- If applicable, submit results of an English as a Second Language (ESOL) Program from all U.S. Colleges or Universities attended.
International19594 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9797 USD per semester during 48 months.
National19594 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9797 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Tuskegee
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.