About the Program
The faculty of the Visual Arts program of Tuskegee University offers an appreciation and understanding visual experiences and proficiency in basic art skills, using a flexible combination of instruction techniques. Among these techniques are demonstrations, lectures, films, guided and independent studio activities, informal critiques, individual consultation and interaction among class members.
The Department of Fine & Performing Arts seeks to expose students to the arts including its history, cultural relevance and societal influence with particular emphasis on the works by artists and musicians of color. We introduce students to a bevy of artists (both visual and performing) who are local and/or internationally known craftspeople. This department is uniquely positioned to provide hands-on experience in art appreciation and musical development in a university known for its excellence and attention to fine detail. The members of the department firmly believe the arts are an integral part of students’ educational experience and prepare them for careers either in the arts or in areas influenced (directly or indirectly) by the arts. Our degree programs allow students to graduate and utilize their talents to serve as ambassadors that enrich the lives of others in service to their respective communities, their workplaces and the world at large.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Art Appreciation
- Creative Arts
- The Black Aesthetic
- Art in the Elementary School
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts View 2088 other Bachelors in Visual Arts in United States
- Submit your Admissions Application
- Submit your $35 non-refundable application fee
- Submit your official high school, college, and/or university transcripts to World Education Services (WES) or Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE) for evaluation; a course-by-coures and grade point average evaluation is required. Students are required to pay the processing fees to WES or ECE. Evaluated transcripts should be mailed directly to Tuskegee University from WES or ECE.
- If applicable, submit your official transcript(s) from all U.S. colleges and/or universities attended.
- Submit your official test scores from the IELTS or TOEFL
- Submit a Financial Affidavit of support and supporting bank letter.
- Submit your SAT 1 or ACT test scores
- If applicable, submit results of an English as a Second Language (ESOL) Program from all U.S. Colleges or Universities attended.
International19594 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9797 USD per semester during 48 months.
National19594 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9797 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Tuskegee
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.