About the Program
Located in one of the country’s most rural areas, we are proud to be a department where faculty and students can apply their sociological lens to “real world” issues. In the Sociology program of Tuskegee University, students have access to a faculty who focus on the larger forces of globalization as well as on the social realities of our local rural landscapes.
As part of a broader education at Tuskegee University, we believe that an undergraduate degree in Sociology prepares African American students for work in a wide range of fields. Research skills are emphasized through several rigorous research courses. Students may also work individually with faculty members on independent research projects. The Sociology program has an active Sociology Club, and the Alpha Kappa Delta Honor Society in Sociology. Both organizations provide service to their majors and the University through a variety of activities.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Social Issues
- Race and Culture
- Socio-Cultural Problems of the South
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesGender & Sexuality Studies Sociology Statistics View 478 other Bachelors in Statistics in United States
- Submit your Admissions Application
- Submit your $35 non-refundable application fee
- Submit your official high school, college, and/or university transcripts to World Education Services (WES) or Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE) for evaluation; a course-by-coures and grade point average evaluation is required. Students are required to pay the processing fees to WES or ECE. Evaluated transcripts should be mailed directly to Tuskegee University from WES or ECE.
- If applicable, submit your official transcript(s) from all U.S. colleges and/or universities attended.
- Submit your official test scores from the IELTS or TOEFL
- Submit a Financial Affidavit of support and supporting bank letter.
- Submit your SAT 1 or ACT test scores
- If applicable, submit results of an English as a Second Language (ESOL) Program from all U.S. Colleges or Universities attended.
International19594 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9797 USD per semester during 48 months.
National19594 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9797 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Tuskegee
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.