Students of the Chemistry program of Pacific University Oregon explore chemistry through directed projects dealing with the study of matter — its properties, transformations and, ultimately, its applications to materials, biology and manufacturing. Every student completes a senior capstone that can include a research thesis, internship or independent study. Pacific University’s chemistry program offers a full range of courses, including advanced studies in organic, bioinorganic, solid state, environmental and surface chemistry, instrumentation, biochemistry, thermodynamics, kinetics and quantum mechanics.
Learning Outcomes | Chemistry
After Pacific | Our successful Pacific University chemistry alumni include those at Top 10 research universities, at companies such as Intel and Nike, and in health, manufacturing and education fields.
Student Learning Outcomes
By the end of their studies, graduating chemistry majors will be able to:
- Demonstrate proficiency in basic laboratory skills (e.g., documentation, preparing solutions, synthesizing organic and inorganic materials, performing chemical, computational, and instrumental analyses and measurements).
- Critically evaluate primary and secondary scientific literature sources in order to design experiments or interpret results to support or refute a hypothesis or research question.
- Organize, synthesize, analyze and present scientific ideas using appropriate chemical models and terms from each of the fundamental areas of chemistry (analytical, biochemical, inorganic, organic and physical).
- Practice science in a safe, ethical, and responsible manner which reflects the role of chemists in environmental stewardship and sustainability.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- General Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Quantitative Analysis
- Physical Chemistry
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry Biochemistry View 1825 other Masters in Chemistry in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Create an account and apply online using the Common Application.
- Submit High School Transcript and Diploma. Transcripts from high school must be official with a certified translation in English. All college and/or university foreign transcripts must be sent to a credit evaluation company (WES or ECE are accepted). No exceptions to this policy.
- English Proficiency - Official TOEFL or IELTS scores must be submitted if applicable.
- Letter of Recommendation from your teacher or counselor.
International48260 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 48260 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National48260 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 48260 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.