Students will learn developmentally appropriate practices, and focus on advocacy and leadership in the field of early education.
Program courses address the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) standards for initial professional preparation. Upon completion of the program, students will be able to articulate the theories in the field of early education that support best practices and define developmentally appropriate practices.
Students om the Child Development program at Concordia University, St. Paul will be required to complete fieldwork in a licensed child care or early childhood learning center. Fieldwork may consist of observing children and staff, interviewing teachers and program administrators, and other activities related to topics of study. Students are not required to be employed in a licensed child care or early childhood learning center. Your Enrollment Counselor can provide more details.
- After graduation, people who possess a Bachelor of Arts in Child Development can pursue a variety of different careers. Graduates may be attracted to working as director of a preschool or daycare. There is rising demand in the community child education sector, social work and child life specialist areas.
- The field of child development is attractive to many students due to its interdisciplinary nature. In addition to education, the degree combines several aspects of psychology, communication and social science. Graduates of this program have a wide base of knowledge within these fields, making the degree extremely valuable. As an example, the Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that the need for preschool teachers will grow by 25 percent by the year 2020.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Psychology
- Introduction to Early Childhood Education
- Writing for Educators
- Growth and Development of Children
- Child Social and Emotional Growth
- Human Diversity and Relations
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
We have extended our priority undergraduate admissions and enrollment deposit deadlines from May 1 to June.
DisciplinesEducation View 99 other Masters in Education in United States
- Online Application
- Official College Transcripts (for all institutions attended)
- Official Credit Evaluation of credits earned/degrees completed at any non-United States institution
- Certification of Finances indicating the financial source for the expense of attending Concordia University
- Proof of English Proficiency
International420 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 420 USD per credit during 48 months.
National420 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 420 USD per credit during 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.