The Philosophy program at Clark Atlanta University prepares students with the understanding and the competency to apply major theoretical and practical concepts in the fields of religion and philosophy including perspectives for moral, ethical, and character education while facilitating relationships with United Methodist organizations, campus ministries and alumni, and seeking new knowledge for solving challenges confronting a diverse global community.
The Department of Philosophy will be a nationally recognized theoretical, practical, and empirically research-based interdisciplinary character education program, serving to expand the University’s foundational role for religious, spiritual and ethical instruction.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Critical Thinking
- Ethics and Human Values
- Philosophy of Religion
- Business Ethics
- Media Ethics
- Science, Technology, and Human Values
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics View 970 other Bachelors in Philosophy & Ethics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application for Admission: either The Common Application, Clark Atlanta Application, OR the Common Black College Application
- Non-refundable $35 application fee
- Official high school transcript(s) or GED certificate
- Test score results from the SAT or ACT. International students from non-English speaking secondary schools may submit the TOEFL or IELTS instead of the ACT or SAT.
- One letter of recommendation from a high school counselor
- Guidance Counselor Recommendation Form
- One letter of recommendation from a high school teacher
- Teacher Recommendation Form
- Resume (optional)
- Essay Topics: Students using the Common App may use any of the essay prompts provided. Students submitting an essay separately from their application should write 500 words or less on ONE of the following topics:
- How do you feel Clark Atlanta University would prepare you for future leadership?
- Who has had the greatest influence in your life thus far, and why?
International18990 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18990 USD per year during 48 months.
National18990 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18990 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State18990 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18990 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Atlanta
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.