Education from Augustana College also offers programs that lead to Secondary education (9-12) in English language arts, mathematics, science (biology, chemistry, physics), and social science (history) and K-12 art, foreign language (French, German, Spanish), and music education.
Student teaching placements options include rural, urban, suburban, public and parochial institutions. All student teaching placements take place in the Quad-Cities area and are closely supervised by faculty members.
The education department offers two immersion opportunities — in Jamaica and Florida — that provide students intensive, hands-on experience.
Through its collaborative partnership with nearby Longfellow Elementary School, the department provides education majors with "real-world" experience in the classroom in advance of student teaching.
The Quad Cities offers student teaching positions ranging from public to parochial and from inner-city to rural. Prior to student teaching, education majors complete at least three clinical experiences within local school districts. There also are a great number of tutoring opportunities in the Quad Cities, many of which are available through the education department.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Schools Through Film & Story
- Folktales to Fairy Tales
- Urban Education
- Education in Jamaica
- International Comparative Educ: Jamaica
- Educ Psych & Assessment
- Computers in Education
- Development Literacy Methods Grades 4-6
- Reading in the Content Areas
- Content Area Reading in Social Studies
- Content Area Reading in Science
- Methods K-12 Art
- Methods 5-12 Lang Arts
- Methods K-12 Foreign Lang
- Methods 5-12 Mathematics
- Methods 5 -12 Science
- Methods 5-12 Soc Studies
- School and Society
- Assessment of Reading Problems
- Reading Diagnosis Clinical
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation View 3336 other Masters in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official TOEFL, IELTS scores are sent directly from the testing agency (TOEFL minimum: 550 on written test; 80 on internet test. IELTS minimum 6.5).
- Interview on campus, at Augustana's Chicagoland Office, or via Skype.
- An official high school transcript.
- A secondary school report (counselor report).
- An ACT or SAT score.
- A recommendation letter from a teacher is optional.
International45136 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 45136 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National45136 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 45136 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.