The Criminal Justice Program curriculum at the University of Maryland Eastern Shore is interdisciplinary, which enables the student to understand more clearly the interrelationships among justice systems and the impact of these systems on society. Students in the Criminal Justice Department complete the UMES general education requirements, acquiring knowledge and skills in general areas such as languages, the social sciences, the humanities, and health and physical education.
As a foundation for its curriculum, the Department's courses consists of:
- legal, philosophical, political, moral and social issues of the justice system;
- theories and research about the nature and causes of crime and criminal behavior;
- analyses of the operations of the criminal, juvenile, and civil justice systems and their impact on society;
- investigation of the broad range of formal and informal mechanisms for dealing with crime, conflict, and injustice in society;
- theories of planning and management for courts, law enforcement, corrections and juvenile justice; and
- strategies for implementing constructive change in the criminal justice system.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Law Enforcement
- Introduction to Corrections
- Criminal Law/Honors
- Juvenile Delinquency/Honors
- Research Methods in Criminology and Criminal Justice
- Statistical Methods in Criminal Justice and Criminology
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesCriminal Law Criminology View 533 other Masters in Criminal Law in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A completed admissions application with a non-refundable $25.00 application fee in U.S. dollars.
- An official evaluation of all academic records (credential evaluation) from WES, ECE or AACRAO. Please request a course-by-course evaluation including a grade point average (GPA). The evaluation should be accompanied by an official copy of each academic record.
- Official scores to confirm English proficiency (IELTS or TOEFL scores). Conditional admission is not offered for applicants whose scores do not meet the minimum required scores below, or for those who do not have scores to submit. The scores should be no more than two years old.
- An official copy of the test results from taking either the SAT I or ACT.
International15828 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15828 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National15828 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15828 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
In-State5418 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5418 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.