The Bachelor of Science Degree in Integrated Marketing Communication (IMC) prepares students for careers in the communication professions that support the marketing of products and services to consumers and business organizations, including advertising, public relations, promotions, and corporate communication. Winthrop is in an exclusive group of universities offering an IMC major with equal emphasis on communication and marketing. This enables IMC graduates to seek a wide range of careers across the marketing communication spectrum. This interdisciplinary program is run collaboratively with the Department of Management and Marketing in the College of Business Administration.
The Department of Mass Communication is housed in Johnson Hall. We offer programs designed to create exceptional communicators for modern times, emphasizing multi-platform media training and team-building for the 21st century’s digital age.
Students in our majors prepare for exciting careers in a variety of communication industries and benefit from small class sizes and faculty with professional expertise and active scholarship. Whether majoring in mass communication or integrated marketing communication, innovative integrated curricula provide real world journalism, broadcast and IMC training for the converged media and communication environment.
Winthrop University provides personalized and challenging undergraduate, graduate, and continuing professional education programs of national caliber within a context dedicated to public service to the nation and to the State of South Carolina. Winthrop's longtime commitment to be among the very best institutions of its kind in the nation continually guides the mission of the university.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Public Speaking
- Applied College Algebra
- Intro to Integrated Marketing Communication
- Multimedia Storytelling & Production
- Media Writing
- Mass Media Law
- Advertising Principles
- Advertising Copy and Layout
- Public Relations Principles
- Public Relations Writing,Production
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences Marketing Media Studies & Mass Media View 858 other Masters in Marketing in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Undergraduate applicants (beginning freshmen and transfers) must submit official transcripts, mark sheets and examination certificates in their native language for all secondary and/or postsecondary coursework, along with certified, literal (exact) English translations for documents not originally issued in English.
- Official and original results of any standardized tests, such as SAT and ACT examinations
- Official documentation of English proficiency (see specific English language requirements below).
- A non-refundable application fee of U.S. $60 must accompany the application.
- A clear photocopy of identity page of passport (to ensure correct spelling of applicant's name and verification of birthdate).
International29636 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14818 USD per semester during 48 months.
National29636 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14818 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State15306 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7653 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Rock Hill
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.