The Department of Mass Communication is housed in Johnson Hall. We offer programs designed to create exceptional communicators for modern times, emphasizing multi-platform media training and team-building for the 21st century’s digital age.
The Bachelor of Arts Degree in Mass Communication prepares students for media careers through a new converged curriculum. In today's digital environment, media professionals must learn to write, report and create across platforms. The new curriculum eliminates traditional silos and is designed for multi-platform training in writing, producing, and editing news for integrated media. It also provides grounding in the conceptual, historical, legal and ethical environments of the discipline. Beyond this integrated core, students may select customized tracks based on their interest in various communication areas including (but not limited to) print/online journalism, broadcast production, media management, and mass communication.
Students in our majors prepare for exciting careers in a variety of communication industries and benefit from small class sizes and faculty with professional expertise and active scholarship. Whether majoring in mass communication or integrated marketing communication, innovative integrated curricula provide real world journalism, broadcast and IMC training for the converged media and communication environment.
Winthrop University provides personalized and challenging undergraduate, graduate, and continuing professional education programs of national caliber within a context dedicated to public service to the nation and to the State of South Carolina. Winthrop's longtime commitment to be among the very best institutions of its kind in the nation continually guides the mission of the university.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Mass Communication
- Multimedia Storytelling and Production
- Media Writing
- Mass Communication Theory and Research
- Mass Media Law
- Broadcast Journalism
- Ethics and Issues in Mass Communication
- Multimedia Reporting Public Issues
- Intro to Computing & info Processing
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMedia Management Media Studies & Mass Media View 187 other Masters in Media Management in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Undergraduate applicants (beginning freshmen and transfers) must submit official transcripts, mark sheets and examination certificates in their native language for all secondary and/or postsecondary coursework, along with certified, literal (exact) English translations for documents not originally issued in English.
- Official and original results of any standardized tests, such as SAT and ACT examinations
- Official documentation of English proficiency (see specific English language requirements below).
- A non-refundable application fee of U.S. $60 must accompany the application.
- A clear photocopy of identity page of passport (to ensure correct spelling of applicant's name and verification of birthdate).
International29636 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14818 USD per semester and a duration of 48 months.
National29636 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14818 USD per semester and a duration of 48 months.
In-State15306 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7653 USD per semester and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.