Our students study topics like ethics, conflict resolution and social justice to understand the profound effect of the law on people’s everyday experiences. Combined with a required second major and advising from attorney faculty members, you’ll be prepared for law school or a legal career such as a mediator, court reporter or claims examiner.
Our Legal Studies program at Roger Williams University provides a strong pre-law education with a unique interdisciplinary approach. Students gain a foundation to enter law school or go straight into the workforce. We teach students how law interacts with other areas of study and how it is incorporated into every facet of society.
To provide a true interdisciplinary undergraduate curriculum, our program requires you to incorporate a second major from the School of Social and Natural Sciences or the School of Humanities, Arts, and Education.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- The American Legal System
- Constitutional Law
- Legal Methods I: Legal Reading, Analysis, and Writing
- Legal Methods II: Research Strategies
- Civil and Criminal Procedure in the US Courts
- Legal Ethics and Professional Responsibility
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesCriminal Law Civil & Private Law Legal Studies View 99 other Bachelors in Civil & Private Law in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Your personal essay.
- Official high school transcript(s)
- A minimum of one (1) letter of recommendation; additional letters welcome
- First marking period grades for senior year, as well as mid-year grades (once available)
- Standardized test scores are optional
- TOEFL and IELTS scores are not required. However, we do suggest if you have those scores to send them in order to receive the best admission placement for your English level.
- Documentation of Financial Support
International40632 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 40632 USD per year during 48 months.
National40632 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 40632 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Bristol
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.