At Interpretation from Gallaudet University students take supporting courses in ASL and Deaf studies, biology, business, communication studies, linguistics and psychology,
Graduates with Interpretation from Gallaudet University will:
- apply academic, professional, real world and current events knowledge to the choices and decisions they make while interpreting.
- demonstrate an understanding of multi-cultural approaches to the work of interpretation, and are able to demonstrate effective bi-lingual and bi-cultural practice within their work and with diverse populations.
- assess and analyze their own competencies for interpreting in relation to a variety of interpreting settings and in relation to a variety of participants in interpreted interactions.
- effectively interpret face-to-face encounters in dialogic/one-on-one, small group and low-risk monologic settings with a variety of participants.
- apply professional standards, practices, and ethics, not limited to the tenets of the Code of Professional Conduct, to their work.
- effectively conduct a small research project on topics related to interpretation.
- demonstrate professional boundaries with consumers, with respect and tact.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Human Biology
- Sign Language & Sign Systems
- Interactive Discourse Analysis
- Interpreting Interaction: Translation and Consecutive Interpretation
- Interpreting Interaction: Medical
- Interpreting Interaction: Education
- Interpreting Interaction: Business-Government
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesTranslation & Interpreting View 22 other Masters in Translation & Interpreting in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Submit an online application
- $50 application fee
- An essay (the essay question can be found in the online application)
- A letter of recommendation from an academic teacher who teaches core subjects such as English, mathematics, or social studies
- Unofficial high school and college transcripts (if applicable)
- ACT , SAT, or TOEFL scores (or alternative testing)
- Certification of Finances form
- Sponsor's Affidavit of Support form
- F-1 Transfer Request form (if transferring from a college in the U.S.)
International24768 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24768 USD per year during 48 months.
National16512 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16512 USD per year during 48 months.
- International students (Developing countries): $24,768 per year
- International students (Non-Developing countries): $33,024 per year
Living costs for Washington, D. C.
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.