The curriculum of the Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies program of Gettysburg College includes both interdisciplinary courses and courses grounded in disciplines such as history, literature, anthropology, psychology, sociology, economics and cinema/media studies.
Empowered to what they learn, students emerge as engaged citizens.
- demonstrate knowledge of the place of women and the diversity of human experience in society through the study of contested categories of analysis, such as gender, sexuality, privilege, oppression, and resistance.
- demonstrate the ability to explain, verbally and in writing, how different categories of analysis, such as gender, sexuality, race, ethnicity, class, nationality, global inequalities, and ability, interact with each other in the processes of privilege, oppression, and resistance.
- demonstrate an understanding of past and present feminist and queer intellectual production globally.
- demonstrate the ability to explore, verbally and in writing, through an interdisciplinary perspective, the challenges feminist and queer scholarship pose to traditional disciplinary approaches.
- Gender & Sexuality in Ancient Greece
- Queer Theories
- Feminism and Pornography
- The Pleasure of Looking: Women in Film
- Women's Movements in the United States
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGender & Sexuality Studies Psychology View 1822 other Bachelors in Psychology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed application form: Gettysburg College uses the Common Application, and students are strongly encouraged to submit their application online.
- Official secondary school records.
- Teacher recommendation.
- Counselor recommendation.
- Official SAT I or ACT scores: Official scores should be sent to the College. The institutional codes for Gettysburg College are 2275 (SAT) and 3580 (ACT).
- English language proficiency testing.
- International Student financial statement.
- Financial aid application for International Students.
- Interviews: While interviews are not required, Gettysburg College does value the opportunity to learn more about you beyond your application.
- Passport information.
International61760 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 61760 USD per year during 48 months.
National61760 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 61760 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Gettysburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.