The Marine Safety and Environmental Protection program from the Massachusetts Maritime Academy prepares students for a wide range of rewarding professional careers, on land and at sea, with many companies and agencies. The MSSEP curriculum blends two related environmental disciplines, 1) environmental health and safety (EHS) and 2) environmental protection.
The program's breadth of coursework and practical experiences ensures you'll successfully transition from college to a career-track job.
- Environmental and Safety Officers (cruise ships, oil rigs, Coast Guard, and many companies ashore)
- Environmental Consultants and Remediation Specialists (with Clean Harbors, Triumvirate, Veolia & countless other companies)
- Environmental Managers (EPA, MA DEP, CZM, etc.)
- NOAA Corps Officers
- Environmental Researchers (with Masters or Ph.D. degrees)
- Environmental Lawyers (with law degrees)
- Teaching at K-12 levels
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The MSSEP program requires students to complete at two co-op/internships, practical experiences that take place during summer or winter breaks. Freshmen MSSEP students will participate in a 12-day, sub-tropical marine ecology field course on the island of Bermuda during the winter break.
- You can read more about this by clicking on the Freshman Experiential Learning Course link in the menu on the side of the page. Sea-Term participation is not required for MSSEP students.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEarth Sciences Environmental Management Environmental Sciences View 442 other Bachelors in Earth Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Complete the online application on our website and submit the $50 application fee
- Request official high school transcripts
- Attach your essay (minimum 300 words discussing the most important reasons for selecting MMA as a possible college for you or on a subject of your choice). After you submit your application, this can be uploaded and attached as a PDF file.
- Send two letters of recommendation - Recommendations can come from any source who is not a relative (i.e. coaches, employers, teachers, guidance counselors, etc.). Please send as a PDF file.
- Optional for Spring 2021 and Fall 2021 Applicants: Send official standardized test scores (SAT, ACT)
International16534 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16534 USD per year during 48 months.
National16534 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16534 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State1946 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1946 USD per year during 48 months.
New England Regional: $7344/year
Living costs for Barnstable
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.