About the Program
In the Theatre and Performance program of Emerson College, you start with two years in our Actor Training Core—a combination professional boot camp and artistic proving ground. You test yourself and those around you and build the mental muscles of a theatrical artist.
After that, you choose from options based on your interests, aspirations, and your faculty mentor’s guidance. You may spend a semester at our Los Angeles campus, add a minor to your studies, or find the perfect internship, thus combining your studies to match your goals. All the while, you can continue to study acting from all angles during your junior and senior years by taking specialized classes in areas like action theater, dialects, and stage combat. Or you might immerse yourself in playwriting, directing, and dramaturgy. This program attracts and develops versatile artists who seek to gain the varied skills of an actor, a director, a solo performer, a fight choreographer, and more—in short, a true theater professional.
As a Theatre & Performance student, you are also eligible to audition for an Acting BFA. If accepted, you would instead concentrate with singular focus on the BFA Acting Studio: 14 hours a week of intense training for your last two years.
With the Theatre & Performance BFA, the choices will be yours. The rewards will come to you, and to all of your future audiences with whom you get to share your voice along the way.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses offered:
- Languages of the Stage
- Stagecraft Laboratories
- Movement and Voice
- Acting for Film and Television
- Stage Combat: Close Quarter Combat
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Theatre & Dance View 1335 other Bachelors in Theatre & Dance in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official transcripts are required from each secondary school attended and should include courses taken and grades received in years.
- A School Report must be completed by your secondary school counselor or another school official, and must be submitted along with an official, signed transcript from your high school.
- The secondary school counselor evaluation should accompany the high school transcript and School Report.
- A minimum of one official teacher evaluation from someone who has taught you in an academic subject.
- We ask that all applicants submit first marking period (first quarter, midterm, first trimester) or mid-year (second quarter, first semester, second trimester) grades when they become available.
- Testing and English Language Proficiency Requirement.
- SAT or ACT Scores.
International50240 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25120 USD per semester during 48 months.
National50240 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25120 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Boston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.