About the Program
The world of stage and production management is one of both immense technicality and intense creativity. Whether it’s replicating a busy city street one minute, only to transport the audience to a penthouse high above the clouds the next, it is the stage and production managers who ensure that every aspect of a production, from lighting and wardrobes to financing and casting, flows seamlessly and enhances the story unfolding before the audience’s eyes.
With no shortage of talented actors and visionary directors, writers, and producers—and some of the most historic and dazzling theaters in the nation—students in the Stage and Production Management program of Emerson College learn by doing. Starting in their very first year, students are able to work on varied stage management and production supervision projects as well as in professional internships at Boston’s leading theaters. In addition to studying stage and production management, our students benefit from well-rounded course topics covering design and technology, directing, arts management, and related areas. The results are clear: Students graduate from this program as seasoned stage and production managers and leaders, ready to help tell powerful stories that move minds and, ultimately, influence culture.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses offered:
- Languages of the Stage
- Stagecraft Laboratories: Electrics
- Stagecraft Laboratories: Props
- Emerson Stage Production Crew
- World Drama in its Context
- Advanced Drama Studies
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before
DisciplinesTheatre & Dance View 1335 other Bachelors in Theatre & Dance in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official transcripts are required from each secondary school attended and should include courses taken and grades received in years.
- A School Report must be completed by your secondary school counselor or another school official, and must be submitted along with an official, signed transcript from your high school.
- The secondary school counselor evaluation should accompany the high school transcript and School Report.
- A minimum of one official teacher evaluation from someone who has taught you in an academic subject.
- We ask that all applicants submit first marking period (first quarter, midterm, first trimester) or mid-year (second quarter, first semester, second trimester) grades when they become available.
- Testing and English Language Proficiency Requirement.
- SAT or ACT Scores.
International50240 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25120 USD per semester during 48 months.
National50240 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25120 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Boston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.