About the Program
For those who are fascinated by film, streaming content, and the social impact of video games; who love to analyze and compare directors and genres; and who want to know how the latest platforms and devices infiltrate our consciousness—the Media Studies BA is for you.
In the Media Studies program of Emerson College, housed in the Department of Visual and Media Arts, you will experience media as an intellectual challenge. You will analyze it as a scholar, seeking to understand the origins of modern media and the profound implications of mass media on human behavior from a social, cultural, and economic standpoint.
Taught by media experts, our students take courses in production, media history, theory, and criticism along with liberal arts electives in ethics, philosophy, sociology, psychology and political science. This multi-dimensional approach will prepare you for a career in criticism, publishing, marketing, research, ethics, law or academia.
Whichever avenue you choose, with our Media Studies degree, you will be a more conscious media consumer and uniquely prepared to navigate our media-driven age.
Programme StructureCourses offered:
- History of Media Arts
- Visual and Media Arts Production
- Media Criticism and Theory
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Media Studies & Mass Media View 1269 other Bachelors in Media Studies & Mass Media in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official transcripts are required from each secondary school attended and should include courses taken and grades received in years.
- A School Report must be completed by your secondary school counselor or another school official, and must be submitted along with an official, signed transcript from your high school.
- The secondary school counselor evaluation should accompany the high school transcript and School Report.
- A minimum of one official teacher evaluation from someone who has taught you in an academic subject.
- We ask that all applicants submit first marking period (first quarter, midterm, first trimester) or mid-year (second quarter, first semester, second trimester) grades when they become available.
- Testing and English Language Proficiency Requirement.
- SAT or ACT Scores.
International50240 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25120 USD per semester during 48 months.
National50240 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25120 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Boston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.