About the Program
There has never been a more exciting—and challenging—time to be a journalist. The public has unlimited appetite for information and news, and technology has generated an explosive diversity of media outlets. Meanwhile, market forces continue to disrupt and transform the profession, while critics fervently debate the role and future of a free press.
In this turbulent, exhilarating environment, Emerson offers one of the nation’s most esteemed and elite undergraduate programs in journalism. The Journalism program of Emerson College gives students the skills and confidence to plunge into the swirling realms of politics, culture, social justice, and international crises.
While technology has revolutionized how people consume news, we believe that the principles and values underlying journalism should remain the same. Our students learn to dig deep, tell compelling stories, and galvanize public awareness—all in keeping with time-honored ethical and professional standards.
Our dedicated faculty of experienced professionals—from iconic institutions such as the Wall Street Journal, Boston Globe, CNN, and the Washington Post—will guide and challenge you as you prepare for a career of finding facts, moving minds, and shaping views.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Discovering Journalism
- The Digital Journalist
- Beat Reporting
- Ethics for Journalists
- History of the Alternative Press
- TV News Reporting
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before
DisciplinesJournalism Media Studies & Mass Media View 482 other Bachelors in Journalism in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official transcripts are required from each secondary school attended and should include courses taken and grades received in years.
- A School Report must be completed by your secondary school counselor or another school official, and must be submitted along with an official, signed transcript from your high school.
- The secondary school counselor evaluation should accompany the high school transcript and School Report.
- A minimum of one official teacher evaluation from someone who has taught you in an academic subject.
- We ask that all applicants submit first marking period (first quarter, midterm, first trimester) or mid-year (second quarter, first semester, second trimester) grades when they become available.
- Testing and English Language Proficiency Requirement.
- SAT or ACT Scores.
International50240 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25120 USD per semester during 48 months.
National50240 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25120 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Boston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.