While at Hendrix College, students may engage in:
- Performance-based learning opportunities, such as private lessons and ensembles, and
- Academic studies exploring areas of music history, theory, and relevant topics.
Both learning areas help students develop a comprehensive and nuanced appreciation of music.
Hendrix Music students perform and rehearse in venues including the 800-seat Staples Auditorium, Reves Recital Hall (160 seats), and the beautiful Greene Chapel. The Chapel also houses an exquisite organ, installed in 1997 and enhanced in 2004 by local organ builders Nichols & Simpson. The majority of music classes, lessons, and rehearsals are held in the Trieschmann Fine Arts Building, which houses rehearsal spaces, student practice rooms, teaching studios, and classroom spaces.
The Hendrix College Department of Music is excited to be part of the Creative Quad capital project. Applying the highly successful mixed-use model of The Village at Hendrix, the Creative Quad will combine first-class facilities for the creative arts with new student living space on the upper floors (98 new beds total), energizing the core of the Hendrix campus.
In addition to a new campus art museum and an auditorium and film screening room, there will be 10 music practice rooms, music faculty offices, and music classroom space with modern technology to enhance our students’ engagement with the many musical opportunities available at Hendrix.
Officially accredited/recognized by the The Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, Hendrix College (HC) is a very small (enrollment range: 1,000-1,999 students) coeducational higher education institution formally affiliated with the Christian-Methodist (United Methodist Church - www.gbhem.org) religion. Hendrix College (HC) offers courses and programs leading to officially recognized higher education degrees such as bachelor degrees, master degrees, doctorate degrees in several areas of study.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Music Studies
- Musicianship Skills
- Introduction to Diatonic Harmony
- Introduction to Chromatic Harmony and Twentieth-Century Practices
- Form and Analysis in Western Music
- Medieval, Renaissance, and Baroque Music
- Classic, Romantic, and Modern Music
- Senior Seminar
- Senior Project
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic Music History Liberal Arts View 2247 other Bachelors in Music in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete the Common Application online for free. You may access the Common Application and other required application materials at www.hendrix.edu/apply . Students from Jiangsu Province in China may use the application provided by JESIE.
- Submit an essay or personal statement in English. You will find instructions on the actual application form.
- Submit one official copy of transcripts from all secondary and post-secondary academic work translated into English. Transcripts must reflect the school’s seal and be signed by the appropriate school official. The transcripts should be uploaded via the Common Application or sent to Hendrix directly from the school in a sealed envelope.
International33000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33000 USD per year during 48 months.
National33000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33000 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Conway
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.