The Department of Languages from Hendrix College offers a major and a minor in German. The program is designed to develop written and oral communication skills, to promote global awareness through the study of culture and people, and to encourage aesthetic appreciation through the study of literature.
Students may also choose to certify to teach a foreign language and should in that instance consult with the Education Department to follow the approved state program for teacher certification.
Language learning goals: the acquisition of the vocabulary and grammatical structures necessary to
- ask and answer a wide variety of questions in German
- express simple thoughts and ideas in short conversations
- converse on a variety of everyday topics such as hobbies, personal interests, and college life
- read a variety of short German texts for basic content
Cultural learning goals: Familiarity with basic information about contemporary Germany, including the educational system, leisure activities, family life, food, tourism, social questions, etc.
Officially accredited/recognized by the The Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, Hendrix College (HC) is a very small (enrollment range: 1,000-1,999 students) coeducational higher education institution formally affiliated with the Christian-Methodist (United Methodist Church - www.gbhem.org) religion. Hendrix College (HC) offers courses and programs leading to officially recognized higher education degrees such as bachelor degrees, master degrees, doctorate degrees in several areas of study.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Intermediate Composition and Conversation
- Advanced Composition and Conversation
- Survey of German Literature and Civilization
- Senior Seminar in German Literary History
- Elementary German
- Language Immersion in Germany
- Masterpieces of Germ Cultural Hist
- German Poetry & Short Fiction
- Special Topics in German Literature
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguages Literature Linguistics View 2279 other Bachelors in Languages in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete the Common Application online for free. You may access the Common Application and other required application materials at www.hendrix.edu/apply . Students from Jiangsu Province in China may use the application provided by JESIE.
- Submit an essay or personal statement in English. You will find instructions on the actual application form.
- Submit one official copy of transcripts from all secondary and post-secondary academic work translated into English. Transcripts must reflect the school’s seal and be signed by the appropriate school official. The transcripts should be uploaded via the Common Application or sent to Hendrix directly from the school in a sealed envelope.
International33000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33000 USD per year during 48 months.
National33000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33000 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Conway
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.