Latin-American Studies from California State University Los Angeles affords the student a wide range of career opportunities in the U.S. and abroad, including work in government, teaching, not-for-profit organizations, business, and other fields.
The total number of units required for the Bachelor of Arts degree in Latin American Studies Program is 120 units, of which 39 units are in the major. Consult with an advisor for the specific number of units required in all areas of the degree including GE and free electives.
Students at Latin-American Studies from California State University Los Angeles will:
- integrate academic learning with life through project-based experiences.
- integrate their knowledge, skills and experience to address complex, enduring, and emerging issues.
- Latin American Studies
- Diverse Latin American Populations in Southern California
- Immigrant Experiences and Social Justice in the Americas
- Movements for Social Justice in the Americas, Soc Justice Americas
- Latin American Cities: Between Development and Exclusion
- Interdisciplinary Approaches to Latin American Studies
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Language Studies Languages View 3181 other Bachelors in Language Studies in United States
- Your secondary education must be in an academic track, intended for college/university preparation and be deemed similar in preparation to what is required of U.S. high school graduates.
- Have a minimum 3.00 GPA (on a 4.00 scale) in academic courses of the last 3 years of high school/secondary education.
- You must graduate from high school/complete your secondary education by the end of the Spring term prior to Fall enrollment
International16296 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16296 USD per year during 48 months.
National16296 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16296 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State6792 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6792 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Los Angeles
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.