At English from California State University Los Angeles, the General option is intended for those pursuing a liberal arts education with special emphasis on literature and writing; students can focus their General option programs by taking electives in one of several defined tracks or individually tailor their programs in consultation with a college adviser.
Students at English from California State University Los Angeles will:
- will be able to analyze and interpret different kinds of texts across media with attention to their genres, formal and rhetorical features, and historical and cultural contexts.
- will understand writing processes and use their understanding of rhetorical concepts to produce effective writing.
- English Tutorial: Reading and Writing in the Major
- Readings on the English Language
- Readings in Theory
- Readings in Ancient World and Medieval British Literatures
- Readings in British Literature: Renaissance to Modern
- Readings in American Literature(s)
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Literature View 3181 other Bachelors in Language Studies in United States
- Your secondary education must be in an academic track, intended for college/university preparation and be deemed similar in preparation to what is required of U.S. high school graduates.
- Have a minimum 3.00 GPA (on a 4.00 scale) in academic courses of the last 3 years of high school/secondary education.
- You must graduate from high school/complete your secondary education by the end of the Spring term prior to Fall enrollment
International16296 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16296 USD per year during 48 months.
National16296 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16296 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State6792 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6792 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Los Angeles
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.