Asian American Studies from California State University Los Angeles permits pursuit of a wide range of interests and career aspirations. Students should confer in advance with an academic adviser to select the courses and program appropriate to their goals.The total number of units required for the Bachelor of Arts degree in Asian and Asian American Studies is 120 units, of which 42 units are in the major. Students have a choice of an Asian Studies option or an Asian American Studies option.
Students at Asian American Studies from California State University Los Angeles will:
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills, quantitative reasoning, and information literacy through formulating and executing an original and analytic research project
- Demonstrate an understanding of the connection between Asian American and other racial/ethnic groups in the United States through comparative and team-taught courses in Ethnic Studies and Diaspora Studies
- Higher Education in the Pacific Century
- Asian America: Culture, History, and Community
- Pacific Asian Culture, People, and Society
- Methods of Research and Writing for Asian/Asian American Studies
- Asian American Communities in Southern California
- Asia in the Global World
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies American Studies View 271 other Bachelors in American Studies in United States
- Require a 'F visa' (or I-20) to study at Cal State LA;
- Will have attained a high school diploma, or its equivalent, by the end of Spring; and
- Have not earned college credit beyond the summer immediately following high school graduation.
- Have a minimum 3.00 GPA (on a 4.00 scale) in academic courses of the last 3 years of high school/secondary education.
- Explore and choose a major to declare on your application
- Apply online at Cal State Apply by the deadline
- Submit SAT or ACT test scores (if graduating from a U.S. high school)
- Submit official transcripts or other documents only if requested
International16296 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16296 USD per year during 48 months.
National16296 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16296 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State6792 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6792 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Los Angeles
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.