The Interdisciplinary Studies program from University of Missouri–St. Louis combine your interests and passions with diverse coursework that prepares you to be a critical thinker in a constantly evolving and dynamic world. The need for flexibility and cross-training to approach challenges from multiple perspectives is more important now than ever.
The emergence of many new and diversified occupations requires higher education institutions offer flexible, multifaceted courses and degrees to meet current and future workforce needs.
Many of the most important innovations in our society happen when disciplines join to offer solutions, innovation, and growth.
- Consider the collaboration among computer science, psychology, graphic design, and economics that led to what we now know as Social Media.
- Think about the teamwork between biology, geology, and machine-learning that has enabled our farmers to grow crops more efficiently and with far less waste.
- Contemplate the intersection of medicine, history, political science, and sociology which is right now informing community public health responses and helping society prepare for the next global health challenge.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Interdisciplinary Studies students have designed individualized majors in areas as varied as art therapy, gender studies, gerontology, international studies, nonprofit administration and more.
- A student plans his or her own area of intellectual focus (Area of Study) with the help of the BIS Advisor and approval from the Interdisciplinary Studies Committee.
- Applications are reviewed whenever they are received throughout the calendar year, and students may begin the program in fall, winter or summer semesters.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesGeneral Studies & Classics Liberal Arts View 1008 other Masters in Liberal Arts in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application form - Refer to the international student application and $40 application fee
- Proof of English proficiency
- Official transcripts - Students in their last year of high school should submit transcripts for all years completed thus far. Students who have completed high school must submit final transcripts and degree certificates or exam results.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International23690 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23690 USD per year during 48 months.
- Local: $371.40 per credit hour
- National: $999 per credit hour
Living costs for Saint Louis
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.