The Public Health- Community Health degree at Winona State University will prepare you for a broad range of careers including health promotion, community development, epidemiology, and public health research. The program also provides a background in public health for students interested in careers in medicine and dentistry.
The Community Health Specialist focus is designed to provide students with the experience and background they need to be eligible for entry-level jobs as health educators and community health promoters in district and county health departments, governmental agencies including Peace Corps and Americorps, non-governmental organizations such as hospitals, businesses and health based not-for-profit organizations such as the American Red Cross, American Cancer Society, American Heart Associations, and the American Diabetic Society. The focus also provides good foundation for post-graduate study and is particularly useful for Master's degree programs in public health and community health education.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
A major in Public Health-Community Health Specialist will give you an introduction to the main ideas and theories of the profession while giving you hands-on experience.
- You will learn skills in community organizing and mobilization, research and grant writing.
- You learn how to design health communication material such as pamphlets/posters and web-sites.
- You will work on community service projects.
- You will work to develop and manage a health promotion campaign for a business or a not-for-profit organization.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Management Health Sciences View 463 other Bachelors in Health Management in United States
- 4 years of English
- 3 years of mathematics (2 years algebra & 1 year geometry)
- 3 years of science (1 year biological science & 1 year chemistry or physics-- all should include labs)
- 3 years of social studies (including 1 year U.S. history)
- 2 years of world language (American Sign Language is accepted, but no sampler or review courses)
- 1 year of specified electives (world cultures, computer science, arts, music)
International13696 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6848 USD per semester during 48 months.
National13696 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6848 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State7598 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3799 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Winona
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.