At Kean, majors of the History program at Kean University benefit from access to Liberty Hall Museum, the Kean University Archives and Special Collections, and the wealth of historical artifacts available right on campus. Alongside their professors, archives and primary source documents to recreate the past and understand major events within their historical context.
Our graduates work in education, museums, government, business, and law. Our alumni pursue graduate study in law schools and graduate schools around the country.
What You Learn
You study history in different contexts to understand how the lessons of the past can inform us today. You can also choose to pursue degree tracks in education and pre-law--tracks that are designed with your career interests in mind.
- Conduct original research in our MakeHistory@Kean history lab
- Understand how to think critically and communicate effectively in the modern world
- Create history using new media for websites and podcasts
- Collaborate with classmates and faculty across disciplines on cutting-edge projects
- Intern at area museums, archives and government offices
- You can pursue your degree at Kean Ocean in Toms River. A minor in history is also available for students who want to enhance their education but plan to focus their studies in another field.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- History of Western Civ
- United States History to 1877
- World Civilization
- US History 1877 to present
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory Ancient History Modern History View 1931 other Bachelors in History in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Prospective students will need to submit an official high school transcript upon graduation to enroll at Kean.
- All applicants are required to submit an official high school transcript to be considered for admission. The transcript must indicate 16 college preparatory courses including (4) English, (3) Mathematics, (2) History, (2) Lab Sciences, (2) years of the same foreign language and (3) approved electives in social studies, science or mathematics.
International19621 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19621 USD per year during 48 months.
National19621 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19621 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State12445 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12445 USD per year during 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.