Studying contemporary works and the great narratives of the past equips students with the skills and knowledge needed to teach the next generation or write their own compelling stories.
Kean English graduates are creating the stories we consume and share, developing the narrative threads that run through literature, entertainment and more.
What You Learn
Majors of the English - Writing program at Kean University craft their own stories and interpret a wide variety of narratives within the social and historical contexts that inspired them.
- Develop the art of clear and persuasive writing
- Study great works of literature and explore new cultures
- Understand how to think critically about societal issues
- Collaborate with established authors and researchers
- Gain meaningful internship and professional opportunities in the nearby global publishing hub of New York City
- You can specialize in literature, writing or English in global settings.
You can also choose to pursue a teaching certification or complete your degree at Kean Ocean in Toms River.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Creative Writing
- Rhetoric Writing
- Writing for Cyberspace
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Creative Writing View 2287 other Bachelors in Languages in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Prospective students will need to submit an official high school transcript upon graduation to enroll at Kean.
- All applicants are required to submit an official high school transcript to be considered for admission. The transcript must indicate 16 college preparatory courses including (4) English, (3) Mathematics, (2) History, (2) Lab Sciences, (2) years of the same foreign language and (3) approved electives in social studies, science or mathematics.
International19621 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19621 USD per year during 48 months.
National19621 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19621 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State12445 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12445 USD per year during 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.