The gender studies major involves students in the exploration of topics such as the social construction and role of gender within various societies, women's historical and contemporary experiences, and the intersection of multiple social identities such as race, class, sexuality and ability with gender.
Completion of the Gender Studies program from Skidmore College strengthens students' preparation for further work in fields including gender studies, women's studies, law, public and international affairs, social sciences, the humanities, communications, and the arts. Through the major, students also gain a foundation for understanding the social, intellectual, and political forces that shape international political, economic and social systems and their personal and professional lives. The major leads to a bachelor of arts degree.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Gender Studies
- Lived Feminism: Engagement and Praxis
- Ecofeminism, Women, and the Environment
- Women in Italian Society: Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow
- Too Fat? Too Thin? Women and Eating Disorders
- The Social Skin: Gender, Beauty & Body Modification
- Holding up Half the Sky: Gender, Writing, and Nationhood in China
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGender & Sexuality Studies View 386 other Bachelors in Gender & Sexuality Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Secondary School Report filled out by secondary school guidance counselor or school administrator (includes official high school transcript).
- Two academic Teacher Evaluation Reports .
- Midyear Report filled out by secondary school guidance counselor or school administrator or school administrator or school administrator
- English Language Proficiency test scores for those for whom English is not their first language.
- English fluency is required of all students as Skidmore's liberal arts curriculum is based heavily on written and oral communication. All students must have the ability to communicate inside and outside the classroom.
- Secondary school and university-level transcripts and recommendations. Those not in English should be accompanied by an English translation.
- $65 application fee (check or credit card accepted).
International58128 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 58128 USD per year during 48 months.
National58128 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 58128 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Saratoga Springs
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.