Exercise and Health Science (EXHS) at Willamette University, explicitly highlights the relationship between human function, physical activity and health that is at the core of our program. You may have also heard other terms such as; Kinesiology, Exercise Science, Human Physiology, Integrative Physiology, and Movement Science.
If you value the hands-on study of the human body, the comprehensive analysis of human physical function, and the effects of physical activity on health and disease then you will appreciate these characteristics of our program. You will become proficient in all the elements of a liberal arts education (information literacy, written and oral communications, quantitative analysis, critical thinking) and at the same time you will be preparing for advanced study and a career in any field of your choice.
Our departmental mission is achieved by:
- Integration with other departments
- Small to moderate sized classes
- An emphasis on the importance of communications skills (oral and electronic)
- A faculty and staff that interacts with the students in and out of the classroom, as well as after graduating
- Promoting undergraduate research in many sub-disciplines
- Employing faculty that is active in research and have leadership roles in their professional organizations
Offering a variety of opportunities in activity classes and professional internships
The Exercise and Health Science program at Willamette University is designed to meet the needs of our student population, focusing on the development of the total person as it is expressed in the classical Greek emphasis on the interaction of mind, body, and spirit. The department achieves these ends by offering an Exercise and Health Science major and service classes.
Concepts and Contemporary Issues in Exercise Science and Sport
- The Science of Nutrition
- Methods of Teaching Activities and Sports
- Exercise Science for Special Populations
- Sport Leadership and Management
- Clinical Applications and Physical Function
- Research Design in Exercise Science
- Motor Learning and Control
- Special Topics in Exercise Science
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Sports Sciences Kinesiology View 510 other Bachelors in Nutrition & Dietetics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common application
- Records of Secondary and Post-Secondary Academic Work
- School Report Form and Counselor Recommendation
- SAT or ACT scores - optional
- Teacher Evaluation - optional
- Official Language Test Score
- Passport Photo Identification Page
- Financial Guarantee Statement
- Mailing Your Documents
International45000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 45000 USD per year during 48 months.
National45000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 45000 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Oregon
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.