The Fine Arts program at University of Michigan Flint begins with a series of foundation courses stressing the development of technical, problem-solving and conceptual skills. Each student’s growth and development are achieved through exposure to multiple media, concluding with the production of a professional portfolio in an area of specialization.
Create Your Future in the World of Art
Art is about creative expression, but it’s also about understanding your world and connecting with it in deep and meaningful ways. Art history lets you explore the past through the eyes of its artists.
We seek students who want to engage with art as their profession or as a creative outlet. You should be prepared to look at the world from many perspectives, work hard, and get to know yourself better. Join us if you want to express yourself and study those who have touched the world with their craft.
- Digital Media
- Visual Arts: Methods & Materials
- Drawing for Design
- Fundamentals of Design in Two-Dimensional Media
- Critical Writing and Reading
- Ecology of Teaching and Social Work
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
- Submit your online application as soon as possible to secure your spot.
DisciplinesVisual Arts Fine Arts View 377 other Bachelors in Fine Arts in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Michigan Flint and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Students who meet our standard admission requirements generally have the following minimum GPA to start at UM-Flint
- High school diploma or minimum (GED score of 170)
- Official Transcripts
- Proof of English Proficiency
- Please note ACT/SAT test scores are not required for admission. Students who don’t have a test score may be eligible to receive the Test Optional First-Year Merit scholarship based on their incoming GPA.
International24786 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12393 USD per semester during 48 months.
National24786 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12393 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State12384 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6192 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Flint
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.