About the Program
The Astrophysics program of Rutgers University is suitable for those with an interest in astronomy who aspire to a career in astronomy research, science education, science journalism, technical development, and other professional areas. Prospective majors should consult an adviser in the Department of Physics and Astronomy before choosing their courses.
- Principles of Astrophysics
- Observational Radio Astronomy
- Observational Optical Astronomy
- Stars and Star Formation
- High Energy Astrophysics and Radiative Processes
- Galaxies and The Milky Way
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics Mathematics Astronomy & Space Sciences View 288 other Bachelors in Astronomy & Space Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online Application
- A $70 non-refundable application fee is required
- Self-Reported Academic Record (SRAR)
- Due to the uncertainty of future test dates and availability of standardized tests, Rutgers will make submission of SAT and ACT test scores optional
- English Proficiency Examination Requirements
- Letters of recommendation are not used for admissions consideration
International29736 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14868 USD per semester during 48 months.
National29736 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14868 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State12536 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6268 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for New Brunswick
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.