About the Program
Our students go on to work in auction houses, museums, and commercial galleries; they get degrees in architectural design, historic preservation, and academic art history.
The Art History program of Rutgers University is also a classic humanities major that prepares students for much broader careers in fields like education, non-profit work, journalism, law, and many others. Our major offers a chance to think critically about architecture and art-making across time and around the globe.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Western Art History (pre-history to 1400)
- Renaissance Art in Europe
- Baroque Magnificence
- Critical Issues in Art History
- Art and Medicine
- Women and Art
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Art History Museum Studies View 25 other Bachelors in Museum Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online Application
- A $70 non-refundable application fee is required
- Self-Reported Academic Record (SRAR)
- Due to the uncertainty of future test dates and availability of standardized tests, Rutgers will make submission of SAT and ACT test scores optional
- English Proficiency Examination Requirements
- Letters of recommendation are not used for admissions consideration
International29736 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14868 USD per semester during 48 months.
National29736 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14868 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State12536 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6268 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for New Brunswick
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.