About the Program
All students also complete a series of environmental sciences courses that demonstrate the application of the basic science principles to solution of environmental problems. Specialization in either of the environmental sciences options (environmental sciences or applied environmental sciences) prepares students for careers in environmental consulting, regulatory agencies, industry, legal and science policy professions, and education, and gradute study in related fields. Students seeking further information about the undergraduate Environmental Sciences curriculum, the Environmental Sciences and Engineering Club, Admissions, Scholarships, Cook Housing, and Student Life are invited to explore the links provided to the left. Specific questions may be directed to the Environmental Sciences Curriculum Director.
Students completing the Environmental Sciences program of Rutgers University will be able to:
- Apply knowledge, skills and techniques from the sciences and mathematics to identify, characterize and provide solutions to environmental problems
- Design and conduct experiments, analyze and interpret data to draw informed conclusions
- Communicate technical information effectively (orally, in writing, and through electronic media)
- Function effectively on teams to accomplish collaborative tasks
- Recognize and discuss the ethical and professional responsibilities of environmental scientists in addressing contemporary environmental science issues and the impact of environmental science in a global and societal context
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Environmental Health
- Environmental Science Literacy
- Biological Principles of Environmental Science
- Chemical Principles of Environmental Science
- Physical Principles of Environmental Science
- Water and Wastewater Treatment
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesSustainable Development Environmental Management Environmental Sciences View 356 other Bachelors in Environmental Management in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online Application
- A $70 non-refundable application fee is required
- Self-Reported Academic Record (SRAR)
- Due to the uncertainty of future test dates and availability of standardized tests, Rutgers will make submission of SAT and ACT test scores optional
- English Proficiency Examination Requirements
- Letters of recommendation are not used for admissions consideration
International33388 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16694 USD per semester during 48 months.
National33388 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16694 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State14090 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7045 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for New Brunswick
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.