Students in the Health and Human Sciences program of Loyola Marymount University are interested in kinesiology, exercise science, understanding chronic disease, use of exercise and nutrition to promote health, or the prevention and treatment of musculoskeletal injuries. With the variety of class offerings, laboratory experiences, and internship opportunities, this major will prepare students for graduate studies in physical therapy, occupational therapy, exercise science, nursing, physician assistant, public health, entry-level graduate programs in athletic training, and other health professions.
The Health and Human Sciences major offers specialized programs to provide prerequisite training for graduate programs or careers in such fields as: physical therapy, occupational therapy, physician assistant, nursing, public health, exercise science, and entry-level graduate programs in athletic training.
Student Learning Outcomes for HHSC Programs
- Students will demonstrate basic understanding and appreciation of the human body's relationship to health and wellness through science, theory and application.
- Students will demonstrate effective communication skills necessary to explain to others effectively and accurately about human health and wellness in a variety of organizational and institutional settings
- Students will demonstrate critical-thinking skills and the ability to access and critically evaluate relevant health information and resources.
- Students will demonstrate the interpersonal skills required to work cooperatively with diverse individuals and groups on issues related to the human condition.
- Students will demonstrate basic understanding and appreciation of cultural, philosophical and professional considerations related to health and wellness.
- Students will demonstrate a world view that integrates spiritual and ethical values with their vocational calling.
- Students will have clear career goals and demonstrate practical preparation for their career.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Athletic Training
- Personal Health
- Medical Terminology and Seminar
- Science, Nutrition, and Health
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Sciences View 1610 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application and LMU Supplement
- International students are not required to submit the SAT or ACT to complete their application to LMU
- Provide Proof of English Proficiency
- Submit Transcripts
- Submit a letter of recommendation with your application
International52553 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 52553 USD per year during 48 months.
National52553 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 52553 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Los Angeles
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.