Upon completion of the Law, Jurisprudence, and Social Thought program from Amherst College, we expect our graduates to have attained a nuanced understanding of law as a subject of liberal inquiry, attending to the ways law combines moral argument, interpretive practice and force in regulating social life; to have learned the history and development of legal orders in the United States, while also coming to appreciate law in its broader cross-cultural, historical, and global dimensions; to be able to write and speak about legal phenomena with precision, clarity, creativity and analytic rigor; to have developed sophisticated independent research skills; and to be able to use their legal learning and the skills they develop in their vocational and civic lives.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Legal Questions: An Introduction to Law, Jurisprudence and Social Thought
- Police Power
- Social Movements and Social Change
- Arendt's Judgments
- Law, Speech, and the Politics of Freedom
- Interpretation Law & Lit
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCriminal Law Civil & Private Law Legal Studies View 534 other Masters in Criminal Law in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application, Coalition Application OR QuestBridge Application
- Amherst College Writing Supplement
- $65 Application Fee (non-refundable) or Fee Waiver (requested through Common Application, Coalition Application or Amherst's Quick Pass).
- School Report
- Secondary School Transcript
- Counselor Recommendation (College Counselor / Guidance Counselor)
- Two Teacher Recommendations (English, Math, Science, Social Studies or Foreign Language)
- Optional Standardized Test Results for the SAT or ACT (either self-reported or official scores).
- Early Decision Agreement (for ED applicants)
- First marking period grades from senior year (for ED applicants)
- Mid-Year School Report Form (as soon as first trimester/first semester grades are available)
- Mid-Year Transcript (as soon as first trimester/first semester grades are available)
International75800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 75800 USD per year during 48 months.
National75800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 75800 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Amherst Center
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.