Generally, civil engineers fall into two types: consulting engineers and contracting engineers. Consultants take care of the design work of projects and work predominantly in an office. Contractors then take the designs and implement them during construction.
Civil engineers usually work in six sub-disciplines: Construction, Environmental, geotechnical, structural, transportation, and water resource engineering. Civil engineering takes place in the public sector from municipal to national governments, and in the private sector from individual homeowners to international companies.
The Louisiana Tech University Civil Engineering program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission (EAC) of ABET. To find out more information about the program mission, educational objectives, student outcomes and enrollment and graduation data, go to our Accreditation & Enrollment page.
- Building control surveyor
- Building services engineer
- Consulting civil engineer
- Contracting civil engineer
- Construction manager
- Design engineer
- Engineering geologist
- Environmental consultant
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Students who choose to study engineering and science with Louisiana Tech University earn their degrees while developing hands-on, practical skills necessary for the workforce.
- Students in many of our majors spend their first two years in the College’s innovative, hands-on Living with the Lab or Living with Cyber programs.
- Students also have many options to supplement degrees with research experience as well as opportunities to participate in student organizations.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction View 479 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in United States
- Complete the Online Application
- Non-refundable application fee $30.00
- Applicants from non-English speaking countries: Students with a 2.0 GPA must have one of the following: an iBT TOEFL 79 or an IELTS 6.5 or SAT Math subscore 510, Evidence-based Reading and Writing 500 subscore with a minimum composite score of 1130 or ACT Math subscore 19 and English subscore 18 with a minimum composite score of 23.
- Copy of Current Valid Passport
International11068 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5534 USD per semester and a duration of 48 months.
National11068 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5534 USD per semester and a duration of 48 months.
In-State3702 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1851 USD per semester and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.