The curriculum of the Pacesetter BSN program of The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston is arranged so that all of the nursing theory courses are offered in the first three semesters followed by a full-time, clinically intensive fourth semester. There will also be clinical experience labs and simulation during the first three semesters to complement the didactic material. Upon successful completion of the program, students are awarded the Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree and are eligible to take the National Council of Licensure Examination (NCLEX-RN) for licensure as a registered nurse. As a program approved by the Texas Board of Nursing, all BSN graduates are eligible for initial licensure in all 50 states.
Baccalaureate education in nursing is based upon a study of the sciences and humanities/arts and provides a foundation for continuing personal, professional, and educational development. The curriculum is designed to allow the student the opportunity to become a competent, self-directed nursing generalist who is able to critically think and function in a variety of settings.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Health Assessment
- Adult Health Care
- Gerontologic Nursing
- Adult and Older Adult Health Care
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesNursing View 586 other Masters in Nursing in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- 2.75 GPA or higher in the required 60 hours of nursing prerequisites.
- 3.00 GPA or higher in the required science prerequisites.
- HESI A2 Entrance Exam score report
- Online application and non-refundable $60.00 application fee.
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended. Electronic submission is preferred. Information on how to send electronic transcripts is available online. Transcripts must be printed within six months of receipt.
- If you have previous college coursework from another country, you must have coursework evaluated by a credentialing service. This information will be used to determine which courses can satisfy the prerequisites.
International27972 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13986 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National27972 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13986 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
In-State6664 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3332 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.