In the last quarter of a century, progress in Computer Science has been enormously rapid, fueling exciting and creative transformations within the field as well as applications in other fields. Stanford's Computer Science Department was founded in 1965 and has consistently enjoyed the reputation of being one of the top computer science programs in the world.You do not need any prior background to study CS! Many students start taking the introductory CS106 courses with no prior experience coding.
The Computer Science - Systems Track curriculum from Stanford University provides knowledge that is applicable across many fields, including many areas of engineering, science, and medicine.
The core material of the computer science program has been streamlined into six classes that every CS student takes. Students then pick an area that they would like to study in more depth, which becomes their track specialization. The track typically consists of 4-5 classes. Finally, students round out their CS curriculum with 2-4 elective courses.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Computer and Network Security
- Computational Logic
- Design and Analysis of Algorithms
- Data Structures
- The Modern Algorithmic Toolbox
- Stanford Laptop Orchestra: Composition, Coding, and Performance
- Computers, Ethics, and Public Policy
- Ethics, Public Policy, and Technological Change
- Effective Leadership in High-Tech
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences View 1712 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Coalition Application or Common Application
- $90 nonrefundable application fee or fee waiver request
- ACT or SAT (Writing/Essay not required) (refer to testing for score reporting policies)
- School Report and counselor letter of recommendation
- Official transcript(s)
- Letters of recommendation from two teachers
- Midyear transcript (by February 15)
- Standardized testing is one of the application requirements that can highlight academic preparedness. There are no minimum test scores required to be admitted to Stanford, and there is no score that guarantees admission. At Stanford, we review applications holistically, meaning every component of the application is valuable to us as we get to know each student.
International36982 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18491 USD per semester during 48 months.
National36982 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18491 USD per semester during 48 months.
Regular quarterly tuition.
Living costs for Stanford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.