As a scholar in our degree program, you’ll study the German language in its cultural context, with a strong emphasis on literature, film, new media and cultural history. In addition to becoming culturally competent, you’ll acquire a command of the language orally and in writing, enabling you to engage critically with texts and films as well as with the situations of daily life.
As a graduate of The German Studies at Brandeis University, you will be superbly equipped to pursue advanced studies in German literature as preparation for a career in teaching or research. Or you might pursue an international career in law, business, government or publishing.
- Beginning German
- Continuing German
- Independent Study
- Intermediate German
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Literature View 3175 other Bachelors in Language Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A completed Common Application.
- $80 application fee (or fee waiver).
- Official copies of all high school transcripts and/or GED certificate and/or marks from any externally graded national exams.
- A school report and a letter of recommendation from a secondary school official.
- High School Senior Grades: Send your senior midyear grades as soon as they become available. We understand this may not be until late January or early February for some students, though we encourage you to send them as soon as possible. For Early Decision applicants, submit first marking period grades, which may be first quarter or first trimester grades.
- A letter of recommendation
International61724 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 61724 USD per year during 48 months.
National61724 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 61724 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Waltham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.