In the Classical Studies at Brandeis University you will learn about all aspects of life in Greco-Roman antiquity and the knowledge you gain will enhance your appreciation of a range of disciplines, from art and architecture to philosophy and religion, from history and politics to ethics and religion.
Reflecting the richness and diversity of the field of classical studies, our undergraduate program offers three tracks, depending on what you wish to focus on:
- Classics, if you want to study classical languages and their development.
- Greek or Latin Literature, if you want to study one language and literature in particular.
- Classical Archeology and Ancient History, if you want to concentrate less on language and more on history, art and archeology.
- Topics in Greek and Roman History
- Continuing Ancient Greek
- Intermediate Latin: Literature
- Greek Epic
- History of Art: From Antiquity to the Middle Ages
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesAncient History General Studies & Classics View 764 other Bachelors in General Studies & Classics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A completed Common Application.
- $80 application fee (or fee waiver).
- Official copies of all high school transcripts and/or GED certificate and/or marks from any externally graded national exams.
- A school report and a letter of recommendation from a secondary school official.
- High School Senior Grades: Send your senior midyear grades as soon as they become available. We understand this may not be until late January or early February for some students, though we encourage you to send them as soon as possible. For Early Decision applicants, submit first marking period grades, which may be first quarter or first trimester grades.
- A letter of recommendation
International61724 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 61724 USD per year during 48 months.
National61724 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 61724 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Waltham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.